• Buffalo enters the NCAA Tournament as a #6 seed in the West Region, the highest by a MAC program since the field expanded to 64 teams in 1985. This is the second straight year UB is in the NCAA Tournament and the fourth time in five years. Buffalo is one of just 25 teams that has made four tournaments over the last five year period.
• The Bulls enter the NCAA Tournament with a 31-3 record, tied with Houston for the best record in the nation. The 31 wins are the most ever by a Mid-American Conference team.
• Senior CJ Massinburg is one of just four players in the nation with over 1,900 points, 700 rebounds, 300 assists, and 100 steals, joining Ethan Happ of Wisconsin, John Konchar of Purdue-Fort Wayne, and Justin James of Wyoming.
• UB has won 58 games over the last two seasons, tied for the sixth highest total in the nation.
• Arizona State defeted St. John's Wednesday night in the First Four matchup in Dayton, 74-65. The Sun Devils are 23-10 and 12-6 in the PAC-12, having falling to Oregon in the conference semifinals.
• The Sun Devils are led by Luguentz Dort, who averages 16.1 points per game, while Remy Martin adds 13.4 points and a team-high 154 assists. Zylan Cheatham averages a double-double with 11.8 points and 10.4 rebounds. Rob Edwards adds 11.3 points per game.
• Bobby Hurley is in his fourth season at Arizona State after spending two years at Buffalo, including a MAC championship in 2014-15. This is the second straight year that Hurley has led Arizona State to the NCAA Tournament. Prior to taking the job at Buffalo, Hurley spent time as an assistant coach for his brother Danny Hurley at Rhode Island and Wagner. Hurley won two national championship as a player at Duke and was the seventh overall pick in the NBA draft by the Sacramento Kings.