With the victory, Bowling Green improves to 10-5 (1-1 MAC) with the victory. Eastern Michigan lost for the fourth time in five games, falling to 9-6 (0-2 MAC).
The Falcons trailed . . .
• With Bowling Green leading, 66-65, with 1:01 to play, EMU's Elijah Minnie was fouled at the top of the key. Minnie hit 1-of-2 free throw attempts to tie the game.
• The Falcons were forced into a tough layup attempt that rattled off the rim. EMU pulled down the rebound with a less-than-two-second difference between the shot clock and game clock.
• Eastern Michigan could essentially play for the win, but the Falcons clamped down on defense, poking the ball away, and causing a shot clock violation before EMU could even attempt a shot.
• With 1.4 seconds remaining, Matt Fox threw a perfect football-like pass all the way into the EMU paint. Demajeo Wiggins came up with the pass, and got a shot off, but it was no good, prompting overtime.
KEY PLAYS IN OVERTIME
• Matt Fox scored the first points of overtime, as he nailed a wing three-pointer to give the Orange and Brown a 69-66 lead with 3:44 to go.
• EMU's Paul Jackson answered with a contested layup to pull the Eagles within one. But on the other end, Justin Turner whipped a sensational cross-court, between-traffic pass that found Antwon Lillard on the low block. Lillard converted, giving BGSU a 71-68 lead with 1:37 to play.
• Turner inched the lead to 73-69 with a pair of free throws, and after a stop, Demajeo Wiggins tacked on another free throw with just 13 seconds remaining.
• EMU's Tim Bond scored layup with eight seconds to go, drawing the Eagles within three at 74-71, but Rodrick Caldwell sealed the game by hitting a free throw on the other end.
Eastern Michigan was led by Paul Jackson with 21 points. Tim Bond netted 16, while Elijah Minnie added 15 and James Thompson IV 14.
The Eagles host Central Michigan Tuesday (7 p.m. ET). Bowling Green will be at home against Northern Illinois Tuesday (7 p.m. ET).