The Falcons have now . . .
• With just 4:38 to go and BGSU up by three, Justin Turner hit a clutch three-pointer to give BGSU a 72-66 lead.
• On SJSU's next possession, Wiggins stole the entry pass, sprinted to the other end, and dunked in transition off a nice pass from Turner, putting the Falcons on top by a score of 74-66 with 3:39 to play.
• After the Spartans got within two points again, Derek Koch sunk a pair of free throws with 1:26 left in regulation, inching BGSU's lead to 78-74.
• The Spartans would get within three points, but Rodrick Caldwell bumped the lead back up to five points with 28 seconds left after two made free throws. The Spartans never got within a single possession again.
• Redshirt-freshman guard Justin Turner finished with 27 points, three assists, three rebounds and one steal. Turner went 8-for-17 from the field, and made a career-high five triples, as he went 5-for-7 from three-point range.
• Turner, who is averaging a team-high 16.6 points, has already had three 20-plus point scoring efforts on the young season. He scored 33 at Drexel, before posting 20 against Florida Gulf Coast.
• Junior forward Demajeo Wiggins posted his second double-double of 2017-18, as he finished with 17 points and 12 rebounds. He also had a career-high four steals, doubling his previous high.
• Freshman forward Derek Koch scored in double figures for the second time of his career. The big man racked up 14 points and four rebounds, while going 4-for-8 from the floor and 6-for-6 at the charity stripe.
• Sophomore guard Rodrick Caldwell posted his seventh-consecutive game with 10-plus points, as he finished with 11. He also posted five assists, pushing his streak of at least four assists to five-straight games.
• Sophomore guard Dylan Frye contributed in a variety of ways, finishing with nine points, six rebounds, four assists, three steals, and two #DeepFrye makes.
• Freshman forward Daeqwon Plowden posted three points.
• Freshman guard Nelly Cummings added two points and two assists.
• Freshman center Joniya Gadson had two points and two rebounds in three minutes.
• Redshirt-junior forward Jeffrey Uju racked up two rebounds.
• Bowling Green never trailed in the contest. Once Bowling Green scored 13 seconds into the game, the Falcons led for the remainder of the contest.
• With Justin Turner's 27 points, the Falcons have now had a 20-plus point effort nine times in 2017-18, matching the team's total from last season.
• Bowling Green has now started a season 6-2 for the third time in the last four seasons.
• Bowling Green is off to a 6-2 start for the first time since 2015-16.
• Bowling Green posted its first-ever win over San Jose State, after dropping one-point decisions to the Spartans in 2016 and 1950.
• Bowling Green improves to 13-8 in the month of November under head coach Michael Huger.
• The Falcons are now 3-1 at the Stroh Center in 2017-18.
• BGSU is 61-39 at the Stroh Center all-time.
• Bowling Green came into the night averaging 84.7 points per game, and slightly improved that mark by scoring 85 points.
• Bowling Green went 23-of-28 (82.1 percent) from the charity stripe.
• The Falcons shot 41.9 percent (26-of-62) from the floor, and 38.5 percent (10-of-26) from downtown.
• Bowling Green has now made 10-plus triples in three games in 2017-18.
• Bowling Green scored eight fast-break points compared to SJSU's two.
• The Falcons scored 14 points off 17 Spartan Turners. SJSU only scored five points off eight Falcon turnovers.
• Bowling Green held the Spartans to a 12-for-34 (35.3 percent) clip shooting the basketball in the first half. San Jose State went 3-for-10 (30.0 percent) from deep in the first half.
QUOTE OF THE GAME
"We've done a great job of building up big leads, and now we have to do a great job of sustaining the leads. We are learning lessons in victory, and I'll take that any day." – Head Coach Michael Huger
• Bowling Green travels to Norfolk, Virginia on Saturday (Dec. 2) to take on Norfolk State. The game is slated for a 6 p.m. tip.