Boone Pickens Stadium, Stillwater, OK
This is the second meeting between the two teams, who first met last season in Mt. Pleasant. OSU won that contest, 24-13. Both schools are . . .
● The Cowboys return 17 starters (10 offense/7 defense) and . .42 lettermen after going 10-3 overall (7-12 Big 12) in 2015.
● Oklahoma State rolled in Week One, pummeling Southeastern Louisiana State, 61-7.
● Quarterback Mason Rudolph completed 18 of 26 passes for 188 yards and two TDs.
● OSU outgained SELA 397-203, but also took advantage of four opponent turnovers while only committing one turnover itself.
● 144 yards came via the run game. By the time it was over, nine Cowboys got in on the act. Jeff Car (6/42 yds/1 TD) and Justice Hill (7/30 yds) let the way.
● Four OSU players scored rushing touchdowns, including Barry Sanders – son of the former Oklahoma State/Detoit Lions Barry Sanders. Barry J. Sanders (or Barry the Younger) is a graduate transfer out of Stanford. His four carries netted just one yard and the score, but he also ripped off a 57-yard punt return.
● James Washington registered five catches for 34 yards, while Jhajuan Seals grabbed three tosses, turning them into 61 yards and both Cowboy passing TDs.
● Linebacker Justin Phillips recorded six tackles, while DL Jarrell Owens had two tfl among his three stops.
Like the Cowboys, CMU is also coming off a lopsided win. The Chips pummeled Presbyterian College, 49-3. It was 14-3 at the half, but CMU pulled away to win handily.
● Junior Devon Spalding, an important cog in the Chippewas offense, kicked off the victory with a 69-yard TD burst on the second play from scrimmage and finished with 135 yards on 15 carries.
● Jonathan Ward and Jahray Hayes combined for 122 more rushing yards on 16 trips.
● Quarterback Cooper Rush completed 16 of 26 passes for 237 yards with one TD and two interceptions.
● Mark Chapman grabbed five receptions for 60 yards, while Jesse Kroll recorded three for 53 yards. Corey Willis had just two catches, but one went for 46 yards and a TD.
● Junior DB Amari Coleman picked off a pass and returned it 27 yards to the house