Memorial Stadium, Columbia, MO
SEC Network Alternative
Eastern Michigan flexed some serious offensive muscle, crushing Mississippi Valley State, 61-14, last week in Ypsilanti. The Eagles not only hit the road this week, they face a Southeastern Conference foe that . . .
Missouri Tigers (0-1, 0-0 SEC)
● New head coach Barry Odom has 13 returning startes (5 off/8 def) and 47 letterwinners from a squad that went 5-7 overall, 1-7 SEC last season.
● The 26-11 loss at West Virginia broke a streak of 14 consecutive UM wins in season openers.
● West Viginia won despite a 1-3 turnover margin deficit. The hosts led 26-3 until Missouri tallied a TD and two-point conversion with 1:49 left in the game. Still, total yards wee close, with WVU holding a 494-462 advantage.
● Alex Ross led Mizzou rushing with 67 yards on 18 carries. Four ballcarriers had at least 29 yards.
● J’Mon Moore and Chris Black combined for 14 receptions with 206 yards and a TD.
● Aarion Penton and Anthony Sherrils each picked off one pass for the Tigers.
● Tucker McCann made one of three field goal tries, with the successful boot coming from 24 yards out.
Eastern Michigan Eagles (1-0, 0-0 MAC)
● The Eagles’ 61 points in Week One was the most scored since 2004 (61 vs Central Michigan).
● The next EMU 2016 win will surpass the Eagles’ 2015 total. Eastern was 1-11 last year, but it returns 18 starters (8 off/7 def/3 st).
● Head coach Chris Creighton is in his third year at EMU.
● Junior QB Todd Porter completed 15 of 22 attempts for 171 yards with three TDs and one interception against MVSU.
● Shaq Vann rolled up 156 yards on 20 carries. He and Ian Ericksen both scored two touchdowns. Eriksen netted 97 yards on 12 trips.
● Nigel Kilby topped EMU receiving with four catches for 67 yards and a score. Antoine Porter had three catches (40 yards) and a TD. Lavonte Robinson scored a four-yard touchdown on his only reception.
● Austin Barnes punted twice, averaging 56-5 yards per boot with a long of 52.
● Paul Fricano split the uprights for a 35 –yard field goal.