Glass Bowl, Toledo, OH
After an Arkansas State field goal, Toledo scored 31 straight points on the way to a 31-10 win over Arkansas State Saturday. With FCS program Maine coming to town this week, the Rockets will be favored to continue their winning ways. Maine lost its . . .
Here’s a look at the upcoming matchup:
Maine Black Bears (0-1, 0-0 Colonial Athletic Conference)
● The Black Bears finished with a 3-8 mark last year, dropping their final four games.
● A pair of second half TDs put Main out in front of UConn, 21-4 with 9:43 left in the final quarter Saturday. UConn tied things with a touchdown at 6:42 and pulled out the win on a 37-yard field goal with 11 ticks remaining.
● Senior quarterback Dan Collins completed 19 of 23 passes for 269 yards and two TDs.
● Junior Jaleel Reed had a big day against UConn, registering eight catches for 169 yards and a touchdown.
● Maine managed just 40 yards on the ground and averaged 2.1 ypc.
Toledo Rockets (1-0, 0-0 MAC)
● The Rockets amassed 556 yards of offense while giving up just 266 to Arkansas State. Junior Logan Woodside completed 23 of 31 passes for 371 yards and three TDs.
● Junior Cody Thompson grabbed five passes for 174 yards – an average of 34.8 ypc – and scored one TD. Senior tight end Michael Roberts tallied two touchdowns.
● UT’s ground game provided 185 yards. Senior Damion Jones-Moore owned 81 yards on 11 carries. Kareem Hunt carried 17 times for 78 yards and a TD.
● Kicker Jameson Vest converted one of two field goals, splitting the uprights from 42 yards out. Punter Nick Ellis averaged 47.0 yards per boot with a long of 51 yards.